Saturday, March 15, 2014

Quiet and Be Quiet

These two signs have slightly different uses and both are encourages in Sommerville Key Sign

Quiet.
This is a beautiful sign for which you can use one or two hands. 
It is also really useful as you can use it to prompt  without using your voice (this is the exception-  when signing Key Sign you would normally use your voice).  
Quiet can be held as a reminder to stay quiet much like you would use a symbol.
I often hold the sign towards the student I would like to be quiet as a prompt or reminder as long as I need them to be quiet. It requires no eye contact of attention.
It works well.

Picture-w20-43


Be Quiet
Also a great more natural sign which is great to use and acceptable at Sommerville, however it requires attention and eye contact which sometimes it is best to avoid

Quiet-2162

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you think about this post....